There's nothing like working at the Y! We're here to make kids feel welcome, try new things and make new friends. We help kids grow and show them all they can accomplish when they believe in themselves.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As a Lifeguard, you will have the opportunity to provide everyone with a safe place to swim, learn, grow and play. You will maintain a safe swimming environment in the pool, on the pool deck and the surrounding areas. You will be able to relate to people in a positive manner to build relationships with all who enter the pool. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Help positively impact children and families in our community and SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO IMPACT YOUR OWN LIFE - experience, knowledge, satisfaction and joy are just some of the ways you'll grown, learn and thrive.
Apply online and begin your life changing Y journey TODAY!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Enforce rules and procedures.
2. Keep pool and pool deck free of obstructions and safety hazards.
3. Maintain constant surveillance of the water and pool deck areas.
4. Handle equipment as assigned to ensure safety.
6. Record chemical readings.
7. Know emergency procedures and is able to demonstrate them.
8. Maintain emergency equipment.
9. Respond to all emergencies.
10. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff
11. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied
in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA
3. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training
4. Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
5. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent
certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
6. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or
equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
7. American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
8. Must be at least 16 years of age
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with
people and monitor property and activity
2. Ability to remain alert at all times
3. Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
4. Ability to perform strenuous physical activity
1. Good communication skills
2. Ability to work with diverse group of people
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision
4. Ability to maintain control of area even when distracted by noise
5. Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA