As a Program Instructor, you will have the opportunity to provide a positive program participant experience. You will offer a quality program, promote healthy living, and build relationships with the members and families of your Y. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Demonstrate and teach activities.
2. Conduct program in a fun, positive atmosphere.
3. Know emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them.
4. Report specific problems or needs to supervisor or designated staff person.
5. Teaching value-based, leadership classes including team building, low and high ropes, and climbing wall.
6. Teaching value-based, environmental education programs for schools and general public. Grades 4-8 participate in residential programming including ecology, geology, birds, history, survival, and evening programs.
7. Assist in developing new programming. Care and cleaning of birds of prey and horses.
8. Other duties as assigned.Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff person.
9. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2.Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
3. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
4.Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
5. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA Training Program)
6. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA Training Program)
7. Undergraduate degree in biology or related field.
8. Prior experience teaching children and adults.
9. Current drivers license.
1. Enthusiasm, poise, leadership, and flexibility.
2. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people and monitor property and activity
3. Ability to perform light to moderate physical activity
4. Ability to adapt to variety of working conditions
1.Good communication skills
2.Good organizational skills
3.Ability to maintain control of area even when distracted by noise or activity
4.Ability to teach/train participants.
5.Ability to work with diverse groups of people
6.Ability to work with minimal supervision
7.Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA