At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As an Administrative Support staff, you will have the opportunity to provide a positive member and staff experience. You will offer quality service, promote healthy living, and build relationships with the members and staff team of your Y. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Perform general clerical and administration duties.
2. Coordinate specific function - cash reconciliation, bank draft, billings, etc.
3. Provide customer service to staff, members, and volunteers.
5. Perform additional duties assigned by supervisor or designated staff
6. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied
in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. Completion of high school or equivalent
3. One year previous experience
4. Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA
5. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training
6. Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
7. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent
certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
8. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or
equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with
people and monitor property and activity
2. Ability to perform light physical activity
1. Good communication skills
2. Good organizational skills
3. Ability to work with diverse group of people
4. Ability to work with minimal supervision
5. Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
6. Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA