There's nothing like summer at the Y! We're here to make kids feel welcome, try new things and make new friends. We help kids grow and show them all they can accomplish when they believe in themselves.
Week long. Summer long. Life long. Y Summer Camp is about FRIENDSHIPS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND BELONGING. And about making this...the BEST SUMMER EVER!
Help positively impact children in our community and SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO IMPACT YOUR OWN LIFE - experience, knowledge, satisfaction and joy are just some of the ways you'll grown, learn and thrive this summer. Be a Summer Day Program Area Expert that specializes in Sports, Art, Theater, Aquatics, Wellness, and many more specialized camp programs.
Apply online and begin your life changing Y journey TODAY!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies:
VALUES - Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times. Shows a genuine concern for the needs, feelings, and well-being of others, even under stress. Acts with integrity and credibility in all situations.
COMMUNITY - Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it.
PHILANTHROPY - Values and supports the many facets of philanthropy as an essential component in achieving the Y’s mission.
INCLUSION - Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence. Displays ease and comfort with
people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Seeks out and includes others in order to gather new and different points of view.
RELATIONSHIPS - Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work. Proactively assists others in meeting goals by sharing information and resources.
COMMUNICATION - Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience. Listens actively by asking open-ended questions.
INNOVATION - Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better Camper experience. Improvises quickly and appropriately, when faced with unexpected circumstances, to better meet the needs of others. Asks lots of questions and explores differences of opinion with grace and curiosity.
EMOTIONAL MATURITY - Demonstrates the ability to accurately assess personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships with others. Recognizes the needs of others and responds appropriately to what they are feeling, based on their choice of words, tone of voice, expressions, and other non-verbal behavior. Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
1. Plan and lead Choice Activities, Large Group Activities and Club Time in dedicated program area; program areas may include, but is not limited to:
2. Lead in a way that fosters a sense of Belonging among campers, helps them gain confidence through Achievement and builds Relationships with and among campers
3. Programming includes opportunities for skill development, learning and trying new things, skill practice and mastery
4. Establish a relaxed, unstructured feel to your camp activities, with more emphasis on the how and the why of the activities than on the activities themselves.
5. Depending on camp structure the Program Expert may provide leadership to a group of campers
6. Plan and lead "Huddle Time" activities with assigned group
7. Create and maintain a safe environment both physically and emotionally for all Campers
8. Maintain the Y-Voice in all that you say, do, and think in regards to your camp program ~ Welcoming, Nurturing, Hopeful, Determined, Genuine
9. Establish positive relationships with camper parents
10. Attend team meetings, trainings and events assigned by supervisor.
11. Other duties as assigned
12. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent certifications approved by the YMCA
3. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or equivalent training approved by the YMCA
4. Y Leaders Orientation
5. Approved Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter Certification
6. Must be at least 16 years of age (If under age 18, must be working with 18+ adult)
7. Completion of Health History Form
8. YMCA Day Camp Safety Training
9. YMCA Online Day Camp
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with people and monitor property and activity
2. Ability to perform moderate physical activity
3. Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.