At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As a Referee, you will have the opportunity to assist with the organization, leadership, direction and emergency response team during the sports events. You will encourage sportsmanship and help the children to build their confidence through sports. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Referee assigned game(s).
2. Enforce the rules and regulations of assigned game(s).
3. Assist site supervisor in maintaining orderly and fun atmosphere for
4. Maintain game records and information as directed by supervisor.
5. Ensure safety is a priority at all times.
6. Know all emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them.
7. Complete accident/incident reports as necessary and submit to
8. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff
9. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied
in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA
3. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training
4. Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
5. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent
certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
6. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or
equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
7. Knowledge of rules and regulations for assigned game/sport
8. Previous experience with assigned game/sport
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate with people and
monitor property and activity
2. Ability to perform strenuous physical activity
3. Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
1. Good communication skills
2. Ability to work with diverse group of people
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision
4. Ability to maintain order in a group of people
5. Ability to accept comments/criticism from others without internalizing
6. Ability to maintain professional conduct at all times
7. Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA