GENERAL FUNCTION: Operating within the policies, procedures, and practices of the YMCA of Greater Des Moines, this position is responsible for the preparation, planning and instruction of assigned group exercise classes, facilitating member involvement and relationship building, assisting in the development of member small group communities, and providing excellent customer service. Group Exercise Instructors are responsible for exemplifying professionalism and leadership in the areas of fitness and exercise and serving as a resource for staff and members.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Design, plan, prepare, and instruct assigned group exercise classes.
2. Create a welcoming and inclusive class environment.
3. Promote member engagement by encouraging involvement in related Y programs and
4. Assume a leadership role for members, demonstrating professionalism and group exercise expertise.
5. Encourage and support members as they strive to attain their personal fitness and
6. Assist, as required, with training and orientation of new Y staff.
7. Set up equipment or facility before class.
8. Store or secure equipment upon completion of class.
9. Maintain records as directed by supervisor or designated staff person.
10. Ensure safety is a priority in instructional methods used and educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications, and modification of moves.
11. Know all emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them.
12. Complete accident/incident reports and submits to supervisor or designated staff person.
13. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff person.
14. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent certifications
approved by the YMCA
3. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or equivalent training approved by the YMCA
4. Y Leaders Orientation Session
5. Current certification in at least one of the following:
*YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise
*ACE – Group Fitness Instructor (American Council on Exercise)
*AFAA – Group Exercise (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America)
*NETA – Group Exercise (National Exercise Trainers Association)
*ACSM – Group Exercise Instructor (American College of Sports Medicine)
6. Satisfactory demonstration of instructor skill competencies
1. Ability to communicate with a Y-voice, demonstrating determination, genuine concern, a welcoming attitude, hopefulness and a nurturing spirit.
2. Ability to demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
3. Ability to build rapport, creating relationships and motivating members.
4. Ability to work effectively with people of different background, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
5. Ability to listen first, seeking to understand the other person’s point of view and remain calm in challenging situations.
6. Ability to accurately assess personal feeling, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.
7. Ability to demonstrate and openness to change and seek opportunities in the change process.
8. Ability to embrace new approaches and discover ideas to created a better member experience.
9. Ability to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
10. Ability to work with minimal supervision, taking initiative to assist in developing others.
11. Ability to make sound judgments and transfer learning from one situation to another.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality on member information.
13. Ability to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
14. Ability to serve as a healthy lifestyles role model for members and staff.
15. Ability to effectively coach, lead, direct and guide people related to training.
16. Attend trainings and/or courses to maintain certification and/or as required by the YMCA.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.