GENERAL FUNCTION: Operating within the policies, procedures, and practices of the YMCA of Greater Des Moines, this position is responsible for managing and organizing assigned programs and maintaining a safe, hazard-free aquatics environment. This position supervises staff and volunteers and may manage community and vendor agreements and relationships.
1) PROGRAM MANAGMENT
2) FISCAL MANAGEMENT
3) HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
4) MEMBER SERVICE/COMMUNITY RELATIONS
1. Ability to accept and demonstrate the Y’s values.
2. Ability to communicate with a Y-voice, demonstrating determination, genuine concern, a welcoming attitude, hopefulness and a nurturing spirit.
3. Ability to demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
4. Ability to work effectively with people of different background, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
5. Ability to build rapport, creating relationships and motivating members and staff.
6. Ability to listen first, seeking to understand the other person’s point of view and remain calm in challenging situations.
7. Ability to take initiative and assist in developing others.
8. Ability to make sound judgments and transfer learning from one situation to another.
9. Ability to embrace new approaches and discover ideas to created a better member experience.
10. Ability to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
11. Ability to work with minimal supervision, taking initiative to assist in developing others.
12. Ability to maintain confidentiality on member and staff information.
13. Ability to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
14. Ability to serve as a healthy lifestyles role model for members and staff.
15. Ability to use organizational skills to effectively manage time, tasks and job responsibilities.
16. Ability to effectively lead and supervise others.
17. Attend trainings and/or courses to maintain certification and/or as required by the YMCA