The YMCA truly is a place FOR ALL. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to make a positive change in their life and that cost should never be barrier that keeps someone from that change. Whether it be learning to swim, taking the first steps in a more active lifestyle, or finding support in overcoming chronic disease, the Y never turns anyone away due to an inability to pay.
At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day. This position is a great career opportunity in an organization that can help you make a difference in people's lives! If this is your calling - apply now and begin your Y journey today!
This position is a key part of the leadership team and is responsible for creating a positive, member-focused culture. This is carried out through role modeling, establishing expectations, communicating, and making decisions that are consistent with this culture.
This position is primarily tasked with assisting the Aquatics Program Director in leadership for the aquatics facility and programs at the Waukee Family YMCA. This position is responsible for delivery of high quality aquatics programming, as well as managing to deliver safety, quality, and impact. This position supervises staff and volunteers and may manage community and vendor agreements and relationships.
This posting closes on Monday, May 21st, 2018. If you are interested in the position, please apply online by this date.
1) PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT/MANAGMENT
1. Create, develop and implement new and existing programs.
2. Manage assigned program areas and activities, ensuring
programs comply with all applicable YMCA standards and
methods of operation and continually strive to attain the highest
possible level of quality.
3. Expand participation in assigned programs.
4. Evaluate and review assigned programs to ensure consistent
quality and safety.
2) PROMOTION MANAGEMENT
1. Assist in the development and distribution of materials to
market and promote programs
2. Coordinate communicate with assigned program participants.
3. Assist in the identification of target audience(s) for assigned
3) FISCAL MANAGEMENT
1. Monitor schedule hours to ensure payroll achieves budget
2. Monitor and achieve participation goals that indicate revenue
3. Prepare and submit all required financial information and
4) HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
1. Determine staffing needs of assigned program area(s) within
YMCA guidelines and procedures.
2. Assist in recruiting process and manage selection process as
determined by guidelines and procedures.
3. Conduct required orientation and training for assigned staff.
4. Manage, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff to ensure
satisfactory job performance.
5. Manage and maintain staffing to cover all areas of assigned
6. Ensure applicable staff development opportunities are taken
by assigned staff.
7. Prepare and submit payroll paperwork and time/attendance
information as required by YMCA policies and procedures and in
compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
5) MEMBER SERVICE/COMMUNITY RELATIONS
1. Build relationships with members connecting each person
with the YMCA.
2. Effectively maintain collaborative relationships with
3. Serve as a YMCA representative, both within the organization and outside the organization.
4. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the organization
as embodied in the mission statement and values.
1. Assist in organization’s financial development efforts,
including the annual fund raising campaign.
2. Serve on organization and community committees and teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: