Are you a proven relationship builder who genuinely cares about helping people achieve their full potential? Do you have experience building and leading a staff team?
This position plays a key role in helping the Y create the Member Experience, a composite of a member’s involvement with the Y, starting with their initial engagement. It includes ongoing support through relationships with staff and other members, communications with members, and the member’s involvement with small communities of members. Simply put, the Member Experience is the culmination of everything the member comes into contact with at a Y.
Is the Y a Match for You?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, care deeply about the community and want to make a difference. Our work environments are diverse, full of life and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you.
This position posting closes on Monday, June 25th. If you are interested in the position, please apply by this date.
1. Serve as a role model for staff, members and volunteers by demonstrating the Y values and the Y voice through actions and communications.
2. Create a work environment of ownership and accountability for staff members and members.
3. Serve as a key member connection point for relationship building, general information, and customer service.
4. Promote member engagement by encouraging involvement in related Y programs and small communities.
5. Perform membership administrative functions including membership sales, membership changes, program registrations, accounting functions, and financial assistance meetings and processes.
6. Provide management and supervision to Welcome Center
and staff, supporting the Welcome Center Vision Statement:
To enhance members lives through developing member
centered relationships and serving to exceed expectations.
7. Develop and coordinate member correspondence and information.
8. Conduct regular trainings and staff meetings to support open communication and ongoing staff development.
9. Maintain records on each member or participant as directed by guidelines and procedures.
10. Attend department and Branch staff meetings as required.
11. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff person.
12. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, perform simple mathematical functions and basic computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
2. Must be at least 21 years of age
3. Completion of high school or equivalent
4. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certs or equivalent certs approved by the YMCA
5. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or equivalent approved by the YMCA
6. Y Leaders Orientation Session
7. Y Emergency Procedures Training
8. YMCA Welcome Center training modules 1-4.
9. One to three years supervisory experience and/or team leadership
10. One to three years experience in a customer service role
11. One to three years office and/or clerical experience
1. Ability to communicate with a Y-voice, demonstrating determination, genuine concern, a welcoming attitude, hopefulness and a nurturing spirit.
2. Ability to demonstrate a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
3. Ability to build rapport, creating relationships and motivating members.
4. Ability to work effectively with people of different background, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
5. Ability to listen first, seeking to understand the other person’s point of view and remain calm in challenging situations.
6. Ability to embrace new approaches and discover ideas to create a better member experience.
7. Ability to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
8. Ability to make sound judgments and transfer learning from one situation to another.
9. Ability to create a work and member atmosphere reflecting the Y values.
10. Ability to demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
11. Attend trainings and/or courses to maintain certification as required by the YMCA members and staff.
12. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members and staff.
13. Ability to serve as a healthy lifestyles role model for members and staff.
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality on member information.
15. Ability to effectively lead and supervise a staff team.
16. Ability to work with minimal supervision, taking initiative to assist in developing others.
17. Ability to demonstrate and openness to change and seek opportunities in the change process.
18. Ability to accurately assess personal feeling, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships.