At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As a Building Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to provide a positive member and program participant experience. You will offer quality service, promote healthy living, and build relationships with the members of your Y. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Supervise activity of staff, members, and guests in the facility.
2. Monitor facility to ensure safe, hazard-free environment.
3. Provide direction, guidance and rule enforcement for staff, members, and
4. Know emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them.
5. Respond to and handle all emergency situations according to procedures.
6. Respond to staff, member, and guest questions and concerns.
7. Performs additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff
8. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied
in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. General computer knowledge
3. Ability to perform basic cash handling skills
4. Completion of high school or equivalent
5. One year previous supervision experience
6. Must be at least 21 years of age
7. Previous customer service experience preferred.
8. Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA
9. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training
10. Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
11. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent
certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
12. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or
equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
13. YMCA Welcome Center Academy (available in the YMCA
14. YMCA ThinSoft Training (available in the YMCA
15. YMCA Wellness Coach I, Wellness Coach II, and Wellness Coach III
Trainings OR other approved Intrinsic Coaching certification (available in
the YMCA Training Program)
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate with people and
monitor property and activity
2. Ability to perform moderate physical activity
3. Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
4. Ability to conduct facility tours and facility monitoring
1. Ability to work with diverse group of people
2. Good communication skills
3. Strong supervision skills
4. Ability to simultaneously manage a variety of tasks
5. Ability to remain alert at all times
6. Knowledge of all part-time staff job duties
7. Ability to work with minimal supervision
8. Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA