At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As a Program Site Supervisor, you will have the opportunity to provide leadership and supervision for your program team. You will provide quality customer service and ensure a safe, fun, and positive environment for all staff, program participants, and families. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Supervise activities located at site assigned to.
2. Supervise members/guests participating at site and enforce rules and
3. Know emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them.
4. Exercise sound judgment in situations not covered by policies,
procedures, and practices.
5. Report specific problems or needs to supervisor or designated staff
6. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff
7. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied
in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA
3. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training
4. Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
5. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent
certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
6. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or
equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate effectively with
people and to monitor property and activity
2. Ability to handle disgruntled individuals without personalizing comments
3. Ability to perform light physical activity
4. Ability to adapt to variety of working conditions
1. Good communication skills
2. Good organizational skills
3. Ability to maintain control of area even when distracted by noise or
4. Ability to work with diverse group of people
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision
6. Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA