At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As a Preschool Teacher, you will get the opportunity to create an atmosphere of fun and learning at the same time. You will engage the children in small and large group activities that will give them the opportunity to grow personally and socially, to develop skills for meeting new friends, to learn many new things, to understand the Y Values and to have fun! EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
Demonstrates in word and action the Y's CORE VALUES of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and a commitment to the Y's mission, in all matters at all times
Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it
Tells the Y story to help others understand the impact of the Y; develops relationships with members to support fundraising; supports fundraising efforts
Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence
Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work
Listens for understanding and meaning, seeks to understand the other person's point of view and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience
1. Read, understand, and be prepared to effectively deliver curriculum.
2. Plan and prepare curriculum for each participant’s specific needs.
3. Prepare classroom materials as required by supervisor (ie. calendars,
bulletin boards, etc.).
4. Conduct daily duties to prepare classroom, supplies, and materials as
required by supervisor.
5. Know policies, procedures and rules of program and facilitate
5. Communicate positively with students and parents/guardians on a daily
6. Prepare reports, work plans, statistics, and other information as required.
7. Communicate and work with program participants’ parents and/or
8. Develop and implement evaluation plan to learn results of program.
9. Attend meetings and events as required by supervisor.
10. Know emergency procedures and be able to demonstrate them to others.
11. Respond to questions and concerns of program participants and families.
12. Perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor or designated staff
13. Demonstrate and support the objectives of the Association as embodied
in the mission statement and values.
1. Ability to read, write, and perform simple mathematical functions
2. Online New Employee Orientation (available in the YMCA
3. Online New Employee Safety Orientation (available in the YMCA Training
4. Y Leaders Orientation (available in the YMCA Training Program)
5. American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid Certifications or equivalent
certifications approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
6. American Red Cross Blood Borne Pathogens Training or
equivalent training approved by the YMCA (available in the YMCA
7. Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter certification (available in the
YMCA Training Program)
8. Ability to meet YMCA designated licensing/certification requirements
(state, school district, etc)
9. Completion of high school or equivalent
1. Visual, auditory, and verbal ability to communicate with people and
monitor property and activity
2. Ability to perform moderate physical activity
3. Ability to adapt to changing working conditions
1. Ability to work with diverse group of people
2. Ability to work with minimal supervision
3. Ability to effectively communicate with students and parents/guardians
4. Ability to effectively organize time and classroom
5. Ability to manage a variety of tasks simultaneously
6. Ability to teach/train program activities
7. Ability to meet grant and reporting requirements
8. Ability to positively and productively work with program participants
9. Attend trainings and/or courses as required by the YMCA