At the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Our staff members are people who drive this cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day.
As a Youth Program Leader, you will engage the children in active and purposeful play in a way that will encourage them to exercise their bodies and minds to discover who they are and what they can achieve. You will help the children learn, grow, and develop social skills by providing a safe, nurturing and fun environment. EVERY position positively impacts others at the Y - JOIN US, WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
To positively impact others, Y Staff Team Members exemplify CAUSE-DRIVEN LEADERSHIP competencies.
- Values - Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
- Community - Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater
- self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it.
- Philanthropy - Values and supports the many facets of philanthropy as an essential
- component in achieving the Y’s mission.
- Inclusion - Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in
- promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion and cultural competence.
- Relationships - Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
- Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
- Influence. Employs influence strategies (verbal, personal and written) that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
- Developing Others. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
- Decision Making. Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
- Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
- Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
- Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides evidenced-based quality experiences.
- Innovation. Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.