The YMCA of Greater Des Moines has an immediate opening for a Cause-Driven leader to provide leadership to the Indianola YMCA. This is a wonderful opportunity for a motivated, cause-driven leader to join an innovative, mission-based association with an exciting vision for the future.
Reporting to the Vice President of Internal Affairs, the Executive Director will be responsible for branch leadership and connection to the Y mission and association strategic plan, vision development and goal setting for the branch, board development, and general branch management, including staff management, fiscal management, facilities management, and program management.
About the YMCA
The YMCA of Greater Des Moines has been serving central Iowa for 150 years as one of the leading health and human service organizations in the Des Moines metropolitan area. The Y has 8 traditional branch locations, the YMCA Supportive Housing Campus, and the Des Moines Y Camp. The YMCA of Greater Des Moines has a $20 million budget and serves more than 54,0000 members.. The association provided more than $2.6 million in financial assistance last year to strengthen our communities.
Along with a competitive pay structure, the YMCA of Greater Des Moines offers exceptional benefits which include the following:
This posting closes on Sunday, December 30th, 2018. If you are interested in the position, please apply online by this date.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1) Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
2) Five or more years experience in the operation of a YMCA or in a key position of an organization
3) Demonstrated skills in all areas of non-profit management
4) Demonstrated skills in relationship building and fundraising
5) YMCA of the USA Multi Team Leader designation or ability to attain within first 2 years of employment.
6) CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED/First Aid Certification from approved agency
7) Demonstrated computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
The successful candidate must believe in the core values of the organization, be driven by the mission and have the ability to demonstrate in word and action these beliefs in all matters at all times. The candidate should be a mission focused, self-driven business leader with experience successfully managing comparable operations, developing and leading staff and volunteers, building relationships, creating community, and making consistently superior high level decisions.
Additional requirements are:
• General Management Experience and Abilities - including thorough knowledge of leadership and management principles, human resource management, financial management, and project management as they relate to non-profit organizations
• Leadership – ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization and to enforce accountability; to serve as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals; to overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary; excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and coaching skills, and organizational skills; to foster a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches; to exemplify a “Y-Voice” that demonstrates determination, genuine concern, welcoming attitude, hopefulness and a nurturing spirit
• Relationship Building – ability to build and nurture strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y; to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
• Results – proven track record of exceeding goals; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; ability to problem solve, conduct project management, and use creative resourcefulness
• Organization – ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities
• Adaptability – ability to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
• Ethical Behavior – ability to understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization